RCHS BANDS friends, family, and students. My name is Christopher Jones, director of bands at Richland County High School with a couple of reminders for members of the 2019 Marching Tigers. This message, as well as anything related to RCHS Bands may be found at www.rchsbands.net.
First, just a reminder that the class fee of $200 is due this Friday. Please make out checks to RCHS Bands. At this time, we are not accepting cash or credit cards. Please mail payments to RCHS Bands, 1200 E. Laurel St. Olney, IL 62450. You may drop off your payment with the high school office, which has temporarily been relocated to room 140 at the middle school due to the asbestos abatement at the high school.
Payment for the department shirt, shorts, and Drillmaster shoes may be paid with the class fee; however, we won’t collect orders until the first week of camp.
Students, you have homework over the next couple of weeks! The student-leadership of the Marching Tigers put together a tutorial video on marching fundamentals. I ask that you review the video prior to camp. That video may be found at https://www.rchsbands.net/marching-fundamentals-tutorials.html.
We are nearly upon the beginning of the marching band season. Camp dates are from July 29th through August 2nd at RCHS. Camp dates for the second week are from August 4th until August 9th at Eastern Illinois University. We conclude the RCHS Marching Tigers pre-season camp with a rehearsal and a performance at RCHS on Saturday, August 10th. The Parent-Preview performance on August 10th is at 6 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend at no charge!
I encourage everyone to review the slides and website that were shown at the April 25th and May 4th student/parent meetings. There is simply too much information to present in this message. You may find details pertaining to ALL THINGS Marching Tigers at www.rchsbands.net.
As always, please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. I may be reached at email@example.com, or at (618) 393-2191 ext. 3137.
The author of these posts is Christopher Jones, Director of Bands at Richland County High School.
- RCHS Band Program | Olney IL
- 2022 Marching Band Season Information
- Announcements / Itineraries
- Marching Tigers Daily Bulletins
- 2022-2023 Calendar
- Tri-M Chapter 8170
- RCHS Ensembles
Music History / Origins of Jazz & Rock Lectures
- Music History - Lecture #1 The Power of Music
- Music History - Lecture #2 Rhythm, Melody, & Harmony
- Music History - Lecture #3 Dynamics, Timbre, & the Voice
- Music History - Lecture #4 Tambre, Fundamental, & Overtones
- Music History - Lecture #5 Instruments of the Orchestra
- Music History - Lecture #6 Musical Textures
- Music History - Lecture #7 Form
- Music History - Lecture #8 Pop vs. Classical
- Musical Glossary for Kids
- SPRING 2021 CONCERT RECORDING
- 4-Year Sample Schedules
- Syllabi & Handbook
- Music Course Offerings
- Makeup Assignments for Approved Absences from Performance
- Excused Absence Request Forms >
- Lesson Sign-Up
- Practice Room Sign-Out
- Summer Music Camp Application
- OTA Band Pass Form
- Vic Firth Percussion Video Tutorials
- Vic Firth: Drumset Grooves
- Online Metronome
- Online Tuner
- Origins of Jazz & Rock - Listening Assignments
- Music History / Origins of Jazz & Rock Lectures >
- Hall of Fame
- RCHS Homepage
- The Olney Music Boosters Camp Scholarship Applications
- Contact Us & Staff Bios