1. A single video audition YouTube link will be supplied by the nominating director into the Nomination Platform.
2. It will be the responsibility of the director to make sure that video audition contains all the audition components.
3. The video can be EITHER a one-take audition recording, where the student just starts the video and plays the entire audition straight through, OR a composite video where they have sliced together different component videos. The committee feels strongly that each component of the video (scales, triads, etudes, songs, excerpts, etc.) be unedited and language will be added to the instructions to make sure that is understood.
4. Instructional videos will be shared or created to assist students and directors who do not know how to splice difference videos together into one audition video.
5. Sample audition videos will be made to give those with questions a model for how it should look.
6. The committee feels strongly that we NOT specify technologies that must be used in this process. For example, we will not be telling participants what software they need to use to create these videos.
7. Sight-Reading will be eliminated for the 2020 Fall Festival Auditions.
8. Chorus Auditions will ONLY include the two state pieces this year.
9. Percussion auditions will be limited to the snare and mallet components. Those components can be recorded with what equipment the student has available - for example, snare drum practice pad and bell kit.
This will help you get started. Please let me know if you have any questions. This is a perfect opportunity for your students to audition if they never have before. Very little pressure and they get to record it as many times as they want!